If you have recently requested a criminal record verification, please note the following wait times:
• 1-4 weeks if your fingerprints were submitted electronically and you do not have a criminal holding (Record of being fingerprinted)
• If your fingerprints are on file and you have a record your application may take in excess of 120 days to process.
If you would like to enquire about the status of your application, please do so only after 6 weeks have passed if you do not have a criminal record or after 20 weeks have passed if you do have a criminal record. The RCMP will not respond to your request if it is still within the aforementioned timeframes.
If your application has taken longer than the times indicated and you require an update on the status of your application, please email CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca providing ONLY the following information:
• Your full name
• Your date of birth
• Type of application you submitted
• Date your application was submitted to the RCMP
• DCN Number if available
• Daytime phone number where you can be reached on weekdays
Please do not submit more than one request. They will respond to you as soon as possible.